Teaching and Learning with blogs This is the powerpoint I have just used if you want to look at it again.
Task 1 (please do this before you do anything else): Write a post. You can choose one or both topics.
TOPIC 1: What issues concern you about using blogs as teaching & learning tools? How could you resolve those issues?
TOPIC 2: Would you rather be an elf or a reindeer? Why?
When you finish click “publish” on the left sidebar. Then read and comment on posts by two other bloggers.
Optional tasks: Choose one or all. Finish today or in your own time.
- Write a post with a blogging task for your current class. Have another look at my class blog for ideas if you want. Think about what instructions they need – do they need to comment on your post, or write their own separate post. You could include links or pictures.
- Let me know if you want to play with the technical aspects of running a blog – I can change your role temporarily so you can change the “Appearance”. You can do this in pairs if you want.
- Or I can talk you through what administering the student blog involves.
- Look at the other blogs on the “Links” post. Write a post about what you think of them. Would you recommend them or not? Include a link.
- Start your own blogeither linked to this one, or on a separate site.